Search

Les Stroud to launch new signature knife The Temagami

Les Stroud (aka SURVIVORMAN) to launch new signature knife The Temagami made by Norwegian knife company Helle at Outdoor Adventure Show Saturday, February 26th, 2011 from 1-3PM EST.

The Tamagami

Musician, filmmaker and outdoor survivalist Les Stroud will be at the Outdoor Adventure Show (Toronto International Centre, Hall 5) on Saturday, February 26th, 2011 for the world wide premiere of his new signature knife, The Temagami – a knife you can actually use in the wilderness. At 1:15PM EST, Les will host a Q&A at the Great Ontario Outdoor Adventure Theatre.

Designed in collaboration with Helle, an 80 year old knife producing factory in Holmedal, Norway, each knife is painstakingly hand crafted for the ultimate in quality and outdoor durability.

Only 500 limited edition carbon steel laminate knives will be available for sale at the Outdoor Adventure Show in Toronto. Buy yours at booth #501 Canada Outdoor Equipment or purchase online at www.lesstroud.ca after the show. Helle will release a second version with a laminated stainless steel blade in late February. Thereafter, both versions will be available for purchase world-wide.

The Temagami has a Curly birch handle that’s oiled with linseed and designed to fit snugly in your hand to prevent slipping. The leather sheath is fit to be used for both right and left side carry. Custom grooves on the back of the blade are intended primarily to be a small grip for the index finger when skinning game,

Hotly anticipated, the knife will be on display at the new product section and in the Blueridge booth (822) at the Shotshow in Las Vegas from the 18th to the 21st of January. It will also be on display in the Sport Hansa booth (BR527) at the Outdoor Retailer Exhibition in Salt Lake City from the 20th to the 23rd of January.

For Media Inquiries, please contact:

Laura Bombier

Ph: 705-784-0639 x221

Email: laura@lesstroud.ca

Official Website: www.lesstroud.ca

Post to Twitter Post to Delicious Post to Digg Post to Facebook Post to Reddit Post to StumbleUpon

12 Responses to “Les Stroud to launch new signature knife The Temagami”

1. I think you’ve designed the perfect knife Les! It’s going to be a valuable addition to our outdoor survival and adventuring gear. As always we can count on you to make quality a top priority and to bring to us what is practical and reliable.

2. Kim Linsley says:

nice looking great stuff for knife thanks :)

3. ashley says:

are you going to be at the outdoors show in toronto?

4. wooki says:

very nice knife!

5. steve says:

I can’t wait to put this knife to the test in eastern washington!

6. That is a beautiful knife. Do you have plans for a survival knife/harmonica combo, or just a signature multi tool and harmonica separate?

I am still on a mission to find a coconut with the spongy center. My friends and family have to hear about it until I find one.

7. Faris says:

This is a quality knife worthy of its name and created for the rigors of wilderness survival! Great product! I will be buying two.

(On another note, Bear Grylls, I hope you are paying attention, This is a quality survivl knife.)

8. Cory K says:

I have a rather simple question, why is the knife named the Temagami knife? The reason I ask is I own a cottage in temagami and have been going there for thirty years so it was interesting when I was doing a search to see what the weather would be like there, and I saw the review of the Les Stroud Temagami knife. I was always lead to believe Temagami meant deep waters. Do you have some affiliation with this beautiful area or is it just a name you like. In short why did you name it the Temagami knife. I will probably be purchasing one as I am an avid knife lover and this one seems very nice. Plus it bares the name of my cottage. Anyways best of luck to you and I hope I find out why your beautiful blade was named this.

9. We’re a bunch of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community. Your site offered us with helpful info to work on. You’ve done a formidable process and our entire community shall be grateful to you.

10. It’s in point of fact a great and useful piece of info. I’m glad that you shared this useful information with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

11. Odd news says:

Excellent post. I was checking constantly this weblog and I am inspired! Extremely helpful information particularly the closing phase :) I deal with such information much. I used to be seeking this certain information for a very long time. Thanks and best of luck.

12. Secret Squirrel in VA says:

Cory, Les found a Helle knife on the ground in the Temagami wilderness and was so impressed with it he decided to collaborate with Helle to design a ‘real’ outdoorsman’s knife. Hence the name – and a superior product. I’d be very unhappy if I dropped a Helle knife in the woods!