Search

Help Us Save Old Growth Trees in Temagami!

Temagami Ontario is where it all started for Les – adventure, survival and reconnecting with the wilderness.  Help us save the old growth trees in Wolf Lake! Tweet @dalton_mcguinty requesting he not cut down this amazing forest or fax this petition http://www.earthroots.org/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=172.

Read more in the Toronto Star:  Ontario breaks Temagami pledge at www.thestar.com/news/article/1100528#article.

Post to Twitter Post to Delicious Post to Digg Post to Facebook Post to Reddit Post to StumbleUpon

13 Responses to “Help Us Save Old Growth Trees in Temagami!”

1. Jane says:

Thank you very much for setting this petition up. It would be so great if we can stop the government from ruining this amazing place.
    (Happily signed and reposted on facebook)

2. Ryan says:

I hardly think i persuasive argument will help this cause any so ill simply say this, don’t cut them down..

3. Troy Jenkins says:

Old growth forest are getting rare. Please preserve these sacred trees.

4. Listen to Les. Do what Les tells you to do.I believe in you.

5. Dennis Levy says:

Good web site and great article. Thanks.

6. Brian McLeer says:

Old growth need to be preserved for many reasons; biological study, heritage, and respect for nature are a few reasons. There are many other newer growth forests that can be harvested before endangering old growth forests.

7. Find in your own heart and human spirit, in your invisible connection with your past, to leave this magnificent forest to inspire and instruct us all. If you can’t do this remember what Ansel Adams told Ronald Reagan, when Reagan refused to see the bigger picture. “You know the cost of everything, and the value of nothing.”

This forest has value that transcends all of us. It deserves to be leaft standing. We can prosper and still preserve it.

Thank you.

8. kiwe says:

YES! we should save the forest! before we know it , we’ll be DEAD because we have no oxegen because people are selfish! they want BIGGER houses, more stores, and many more selfish things! we should be happy for what we have and stop wanting more and more and(wait for it…..)more!money is a problem because everybody wants it. we should be thankful. things were meant to be used and people are meant to be loved. the world is coming to an end because things are being loved and people are being used. that is all

9. Thorsten Hinz says:

I sent it away once. I also hope that this action will help to ensure that these trees are not precipitated.

10. Robert Crowell says:

Being short sighted is a quality common among business and nations. It is up to us as citizens to stand up for what is just. Go Les!

11. Richard Levison says:

Hi! I’am a fan of the show also and I liked Les Stroud’s story of a possinle Bigfoot encounter.

12. BayleeRiddle says:

Hey les I’m a fan of what u do and was wondering how u got in to what u do I was hopping 1 day I could be doing the same thing

13. Aaron J says:

This saddens me. I am 15 and I have always loved the outdoors and one day when I become a man I wish to explore the wilderness and develop skills that will help me live off the land and respect my surrounding more then I do now and one day I wish to show these things teach my children she skills I developed. But things like these prevent me from doing so. I cannot teach my children these skills and to respect there environment if its just pollution and wasteland. :( very sad.